BBQ Pan Chicken
By Connor Forbes
I have been on this huge bbq chicken kick this last week. In fact I made variations of this same dish two days in a row. Using different bbq sauces. And boy was it tasty. The family loved it and and so did I. It takes a boring old boneless skinless chicken breast and takes it to an exciting piece of chicken. And it is quite easy. I recommend taking a couple of hours to brine your chicken (soaking in salted water) to really get the maximum juiciness from the chicken but you do not have to. So let’s get cooking!
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into quarter moons
- 1 tomato diced
- 3 tbsp your favorite bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- To prep your chicken use paper towels to pat dry as much as possible. This will help the sear.
- Preheat your pan on high. I used a wok but a normal frying/ sauté pan works great to. You want to make sure you can fit a lid on it.
- Add oil.
- Add chicken and sear on one side for 3-5 minutes until a nice brown crust has formed.
- Flip the chicken and toss in the onions. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes. And slather the bbq sauce on the chicken.
- Turn heat down to medium low and cover.
- Cook until the chicken reaches 165° internal temperature.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing or serving
I served my chicken with roasted butternut squash over rice. Garnished with cilantro and paprika for a little extra kick.
If you would like more Connor Cooks recipes, visit www.zapinin.com/connor-cooks
For More Connor Cooks Recipe’s Visit www.zapinin.com/connor-cooks.